This section contains ideas for supporting your own schemes of learning based on the statutory programmes of study for Awareness, Mystery and Value 2016.
The lists of websites, resource centres, visitors and other guidance are provided as suggestions only. They may be used as appropriate to supplement or vary the sample schemes of learning and to provide engaging and compelling learning experiences for pupils.
Where possible it is good to use authentic resources supplied or provided by the groups being studied, though, as always in RE, teachers should be careful to note the context from which such materials are taken and to remember that not all groups within a particular tradition might share that resource or the beliefs and practices being illustrated!
If you have suggestions for resources and links to be added please let your SACRE officers know.
- Advice on selecting and using resources
- Code of Conduct for Faith representatives, visits and visitors
- Visitors and Places of Worship
- Artefact Collections
- Websites for specific religions and beliefs
- Support for teaching RE in the Foundation Stage
- Support for teaching children with different learning needs
- Self Evaluation tools
- Religious Attitudes to Death and Grieving
- Teachers’ Guide to Christianity